What makes it “X-Plane for Professional Use”?
Using a Professional-Use USB key or digital download product key provides four main benefits:
- It takes the simulator out of demo mode, allowing for unlimited flight.
- It licenses your simulator for commercial use (that is, any use of X-Plane outside of your own personal use in your own personal home.) This license is also required for generating revenue, either directly or indirectly, using X-Plane.
- It provides hardware and frame-rate checks required for FAA certification of the simulator.
- It unlocks features of the simulator not available in X-Plane 11. These include the ability to use cylindrical and spherical projection (as found in large simulators), and the ability to drive Garmin Real Simulator Units.
Note that when using the Professional-Use USB key, you will still need a set of X-Plane 11 Global DVDs or a digital download product key if you want the global scenery package.
So, to build a simulator for professional use, simply:
- buy one X-Plane 11 Professional-Use Digital Download
- buy one set of X-Plane DVDs, or one digital download product key, which you can then use to install X-Plane with global scenery on all of your computers,
- buy one professional-use key per computer to take it out of demo-mode and unlock the pro-use features above, and
- download and install the HASP USB key driver on each computer you’re using a key with.
For professional-caliber flight sim hardware, we recommend Precision Flight Controls. Their training hardware have been certified for use with X-Plane for Professional Use.
Get your free report on training in a simulator
We’d like to send you a free report on how training in a flight simulator can make you a better pilot. In addition to this report, we’ll send you 8 emails over the course of the next month. These emails are packed with information on features that you, as a pilot, will benefit tremendously from. In this course, we’ll show you how you can:
- shoot approaches to your favorite runways,
- become an expert on the autopilot,
- get a virtual version of the airplane you fly in the real world, and fly it in X-Plane,
- practice procedures with the ATC, and more!
We promise to never spam you, and we will never sell or share your email address. And, if you ever change your mind, you can unsubscribe at any time.
Once again, this course on getting the most out of your flight simulator training is completely free.