The X-Plane Drones from Popular Science
Fly the drones as seen in Popular Science! You can try them today–all you need is a copy of X-Plane 10 and the drone file below.
Click the button above to download a zip file of the two drones. Once it’s finished, double click the file to unzip it. Then simply drag that folder into the Aircraft folder in your main X-Plane 10 directory and you’re ready to get flying!
Don’t have X-Plane 10 yet? Download the free demo below!
Click the button to download the demo for your operating system, or find out more about it on the download page. Be sure to check the system requirements to make sure you can get the most out of your experience.
What to do when the download is complete
- When your download finishes, open the “X-Plane10DemoInstallerPlatform.zip” (where Platform might be Windows, Mac, or Linux).
- Inside “X-Plane10DemoInstallerPlatform.zip”, double-click on the X-Plane 10 Demo Installer.
- At this point, the installer will then guide you through the (approximately 3.5 GB) download. Note that, by default, it will create a folder called “X-Plane 10 Demo” on your Desktop.
- To launch X-Plane after the installer finishes, just double-click the X-Plane 10 application in the “X-Plane 10 Demo” folder.
Getting started with X-Plane
If you’re new to X-Plane, here are some links to help you set up your demo copy and get flying the drones as quickly as possible.
- The full X-Plane 10 manual
- Quick Start guide to setting up a flight
- Quick Start guide to getting off the ground