Note: Information provided below is for legacy support only. Only X-Plane 10 Mobile is currently available in the App Store.
X-Plane Seaplane is the first X-Plane Mobile app to focus on water operations. All five aircraft included with the app are amphibious, so they can handle taking off and landing on the water as well as on paved runways.
X-Plane Seaplane features not only airplanes, but also the Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King amphibious helicopter, which adds a new kind of challenge to the simulator. Can you hover over the water and descend for a smooth landing in the helicopter?
X-Plane Seaplane’s flight and water dynamics are, of course, realistic, and the new water rendering is pretty impressive. The swimming and flying challenges in this app make for a lot of fun!
Five aircraft are included in X-Plane Seaplane:
- the Canadair Bombardier 415, a twin-engine water bomber,
- the Republic RC-3 Seabee, a tiny, post-WWII, all-metal plane with a “pusher” propeller,
- the Grumman Goose, a versatile, twin-engine, eight-person transport,
- the Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King, a popular all-weather, search-and-rescue helicopter, and
- the Cessna 172, outfitted with amphibious floats.
Get it from the iTunes Store
Purchase X-Plane Seaplane for the iPhone and iPod Touch from the iTunes App Store.
X-Plane Seaplane: found in the main X-Plane Mobile manual
Click the images below to see them at full size, then click to close them.