X-Plane 11.01 is a bug-fix patch and minor update to X-Plane 11.00. Linux users can use this version with the DVD as their DRM. Key fixes were made to the lighting model, the FMS for plugin use, and the default aircraft.
This version normalizes sRGB use across the entire app. A few notes:
- sRGB is only on during plugins, the 2-d panel, and buttons background drawing (to get the alpha levels right).
- Prop discs are now changed from wrong to right gamma blending – this is a breaking change for artists.
- Use the fog model to make interior views not look WAY brighter than the outside world at dusk.
- Introduced PBR to deferred spill lights & fixed fog culling bugs on billboards.
- Always set GNS unit into ENR or TERM navigation when the flight plan is manipulated through the XPLMNavigation API. This ensures the unit is not stuck in approach mode, possibly following a completely different flight plan that can neither be seen nor manipulated by the XPLM API.
- Treat IAF with holdings just like IAFs with procedure turns.
- Plane Maker provides all six e-sys buses to all instrument types.
- Removed data refs for legacy ground plane interaction, two sided fuselage and cockpit disable.
- Allowed array access to byte-array datarefs.
- Fixed issues regarding absolute magnetic bearing and relative bearing to GPS targets.
- XPD-6106 Improvements to auto-selection of airport search results.
- XPD-6618 Added UI support for grouping sets of 4 buttons into a virtual hat switch.
- XPD-7430 Fixed power lines not fogging and wrong fog behind control tower.
- XPD-7799 Weather is no longer regenerated (and METARs no longer re-downloaded) unless you actually make a weather change.
- XPD-7850 Fixed crash when selecting LGML approach.
- XPD-7863 Fix for up-scaled UI not getting mouse cursor adjustments
- XPD-7866 Fixes to log book saving and loading.
- XPD-7873 Weapons load-out reverts after mid-flight change.
- XPD-7886 You can now select a refueling mission when flying a plane with a refueling port in the latest file format.
- XPD-7889 Replay controls should be hidden when making screenshot.
- XPD-7890 We now give you a confirmation dialog when you ask for a runway start or final approach.
- XPD-7898 Fix for crash duplicating instrument in Plane Maker.
- XPD-7899 Fix for allowing the user to click the “Add AI Aircraft” button 20 times, when they can only have 19 AI planes.
- XPD-7925 XPLMSetFMSEntryInfo crashing on some airports.
- XSG-2758 We assume ET and ED are the same ICAO geographic region.